Saturday, April 25, 2009

Great Spring Reads!

Hello cookies! With wedding season here, I have been away for longer than I would like, but it's great to be back! (smile)

As promised, I have several books that I would like to recommend to add to your personal library. You will love these books, I guarantee it! I always love hearing your own personal reviews of the books, so please feel free to contact me.

First, I bring you a great fiction read by Dean R. Koontz:

Cover image for By the Light of the Moon<script language=
This book is absolutely touching, and amazing. It is a story that follows the journey of two brothers, (one autistic, but brilliant), and their will to stick together despite the loss of their mother. I don't want to give too much away, but trust me on this---this book is a must read!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41S5AHGTYWL.jpg
I had the pleasure of meeting celebrity make-up artist, and Tyra Banks bff, Sam Fine years ago. He not only inspired me to model professionally, but also to freelance as a make-up artist. In his book, 'Fine Beauty' he shares many tricks of the trade through an array of amazing pictorials. Love it!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgrU1e99GUZiudTM4NaY79khu-9QmOHngPcWPErojnwzVAM_4f0wm2RiKiOkhkEzaNI5OG2hE74-H6QdzHDT-8s_4xDkBn8mNFcw0YnPb9cgvQRyP_dXiF73VecR3uSMl1bguRmIbUAm2kk/s400/Kevin+Aucoin.jpg
The late Kevin Aucoin was an amazing celebrity make-up artist that passed away from a brain tumor. The legacy he left behind, was powerful. Not only his own cosmetic line, but this is one of his first books. Again, fabulous pictorials, testimonials, and celebrity make-overs.

http://hilsingermendelson.com/images/campaigns/highres_8.jpg
Part of my job is too understand all women, and their beauty related needs/concerns. I purchased, 'How Not To Look Old', to gain more of an understanding, and sensitivity for my "graceful" clientele. Charla Krupp breaks down everything from clothing to eye-wear, hair color, make-up, and more. This is a must have read for everyone thirty five years of age, and above! Heck, I even learned a thing or too :)

http://thefuturists.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/skinnybitch.jpg
Okay, I am not a finatic, but this book changed my life. I am now a proud Vegetarian, aka Veggie Gal. I never thought that I would make, "the switch", but after reading such a straight forward fact based book on the meat industry in our country, I knew this change was right for my life. Who knew of all the "icky stuff" the government allows in our food? I am proud to say, since I made the switch, I have lost twenty one pounds, gained more energy, and I feel better about my decision from an environmental/animal rights stand point. If your not interested in changing to the "Veg" lifestyle, still read this book, and learn of ways you can, at minimum, become healthier.

https://images.efollett.com/books/158/333/1583332251.gif
The last book I bring you 'Toxic Overload', breaks down everything from harmful chemicals in everyday household cleaners, to chemical in cosmetics, etc. Did you know that many people are ill simply due to a "toxic overload?".. This is a must read if you wish to be healthier...

Stay tuned! On my next posting, I will bring you my first, "Gorgeous Guy" alert!