You want gorgeous, soft skin. You can achieve this chicas, and chicos without spending hundreds of dollars on foundations, and cover ups. The key is establishing a great skin care regime, and letting your skin breath. After cleansing your skin, and before moisturizing, I highly recommend using a masque. All skin types can benefit from this type of treatment. Do you have tight, dry itchy skin? Prone to blackheads? Are your pores the size of the moon? There is a masque out there for you!
The purpose of a facial masque is to improve skin and outlook of the face, depending on the type of skin as following:
To absorb oil
To moisturize dry skin
To replenish dull skin
Face mask is very nourishing. After applying a facial mask, you will feel fresh and people will notice your much younger looking face. Don't believe me? Do a skin test on one hand. Leave the mask on for five minutes. Once it is removed, compare it to your other hand. Do you see the difference? Amazing isn't it?
Here are my tips for finding your appropriate masque, and achieving the skin you want.
- Always test the mask, particularly if you have a sensitive skin. Apply a small amount behind your ear or inside of the elbow, wait for at least 30 minutes, then wash off. If there is no adverse reaction in the next 24 hours, then only apply the mask on your face.
- Rinse mask thoroughly with warm water followed with cold water.
- Don't apply masks more than twice a week.
- When applying a face mask, you should try to avoid area around your eyes and lips.
- Vary the ingredients to see their effects on your skin.
- If you have combination skin, you may apply a mud mask only over the T-zone, i.e. the center of cheeks, nose, center of forehead. and chin.
- If you like, before applying the mask, hold your head over a warm pot of water. Not too close! You don't want to burn yourself. By steaming your skin, you are opening your pores, and getting your skin ready for maximum absorption.
When I steam my skin, I like to also add a few drops of Lavendar essential oil by Elemis to the pot of water.
- Take a small amount of the mask on the tips of your fingers and apply it over your face and neck using a circular motion of your fingers. Start with your chin, move upwards and then outwards.
- Spread a thin and even coating.
- Leave mask to dry for at least 30 minutes. Do not use a dryer to dry it. Let it for air dry. You will feel as if your skin has tightened when the mask is dry.
- Splash water on your face and give gentle massage strokes on your face to remove the mask.
- Gel mask: Peel off from the forehead moving down.
- Mud mask: Dip a cloth in hot water and use it to remove the mask slowly. Pat face dry with a towel.
- Moisturizing or replenishing mask: Wipe off with a soft tissue paper.
- Follow up with your moisturizer, and let your skin breath. No foundation, no powder!
- Your skin may break out after. This is normal. You have pulled all the "gook" from underneath, and now your skin is healing, and renewing itself.
So what masques do I recommend? Below you will find products I love, that are tried, and true!
Origins Clear Improvement Masque! AMAAAAAAAAAZING. Ask for a sample from an associate at the department store. This detoxifies, minimizes pores, moisturizes, and helps to fade dark spots. Great for oily, acne prone skin. If you have normal skin, this is great for a once a month cleaning. Don't forget to steam first!
Is your skin dry, and in need of a big glass of water? Try this Hydra-Care Masque. Key word: HYDRA. Apply this masque after cleansing, and before moisturizing. I personally recommend sleeping with this on overnight, and removing in the morning. Hydrating the skin is so important if you are looking to keep fine lines at bay, dry patches, and the like.
In just about 5-10 minutes, your skin will feel refreshed, more resillient, and moisturized. Great for older skins that need a boost.
Don't forget your body! Applying a masque to your back, feet, and legs promotes excellent circulation, supple healthy skin, and clarity to the skin. I looooooove . Trust me. You will feel like you are at a spa with this mud masque imported from Italy.
Well, that is all my darlings.. Hopefully you will find a masque that is great for you! E-mail me, and tell me about it! Please note: If you are getting ready for a special event, stop using a masque two weeks before so as to keep skin irritations at bay.